The Thesis Whisperer
The Thesis Whisperer (just like the horse whisperer – but with more pages) is a blog newspaper dedicated to the topic of doing a thesis. It is edited by Dr Inger Mewburn, Director of Research Training at the Australian National University., and written by contributors from around the world. Posts currently on the front page include:
- What if I NEVER get a job?
- Book review: “BITE recipes for remarkable research.”
- Don’t get pregnant. If you can help it…
- Why do people quit the PhD?
- Five things to do in your First Year.
- Parenting your way to a PhD.
The Research Whisperer
The Research Whisperer (just like the Thesis Whisperer – but with more money) is dedicated to the topic of doing research in academia. It talks about finding funding, research culture, and building academic track-records, and is managed by Jonathan O’Donnell and Tseen Khoo (Senior Advisors for Research Development, RMIT University, Melbourne). Recent posts include:
- Five types of funding.
- Hope is not a strategy.
- Best things we learned in 2013.
- Why bother with research engagement?
- Keeping referees sweet.
- Writing for scientific publication: 3 common mistakes