Swansea University will be marking the global event Open Access Week 2015. This celebrates the power of openness to drive collaboration and advance research. Here’s how you can join in:
- Sign up for the “5 Days of OA” daily mini-briefings to get yourself up to speed with Open Access: the open access movement has been gaining momentum in recent years with increasing numbers of funder mandates plus HEFCE’s new open access policy for the next REF. We will send you a short summary each day on what you need to know/do to ensure you comply with these new demands. Sign up here!
- Tue 20th Oct, 1-2pm: attend the “Why publish open access?” Staff Development topic session: “A look at the benefits and issues of making your work openly available in this open access week. You are welcome to bring questions!” Room 271, DTS, Park Campus. Book via ABW.
- Wed 21st Oct, 2-3pm: attend our “Getting REF-ready: what you need to do for HEFCW’s new open access policy” briefing: SURF Room, Fulton House, Park Campus *Booking Essential!*
- Visit our Open Access pop-up stands with guidance, advice and cake: bring along your questions about open access or RIS:
- Wed 21st Oct 9-10am, Callaghans, Park Campus
- Thur 22nd Oct 12-2pm, ILS Foyer, Park Campus
- Fri 23rd Oct, 12-2pm, Coffeeopolis, Engineering Central, Bay Campus
- Follow us on Twitter all week with the hashtag #swanoaweek