Cronfa is the institutional repository for Swansea University’s research publications (current and past authors). It contains bibliographic details for all our research outputs plus full text to download where an author has made this available.
The home page of Cronfa showcases our research. A recent software update means we now have lists for “Most Recent Full Text Additions” and “Top Downloads” per week / month / all time. The change reflects the fact that our authors now have to comply with the REF and university open access policies and make their work open access on Cronfa where possible.
Cronfa in numbers (as of 7/12/16):
- Number of records on Cronfa = 21,932
- Number of records with full text* = 1985
- Number of full text files added since Dec 2015 = 1195
- % total content available full text*: 9%
- % total content available full text for outputs published 2014-on*: 22%
We have had a massive increase in the number of files uploaded to Cronfa this year: 1195 have been added since Dec 2015 (compared with 790 available to download then).
* This does not include records that are under embargo.
Types of publication
Our total publications are made up as follows:
- Journal articles = 17820 (81%)
- Books = 627 (3%)
- Book chapters = 1397 (6%)
- Conference contributions = 1489 (7%)
- Other = 599 (3%)
Support for Cronfa, RIS and Open Access
We have expanded the Library Research Support team this year to meet the demand for open access support and administration – guidance and our contact details can be found on our webpages.
Thanks to all our researchers for making their work open access this year both on Cronfa and via the “Gold” publisher route!